Driving Positive Change in Parking, Transportation, & Mobility
Education | On-Demand Course
Level: Foundational/basic course
About the course: In this reading-based course the reader will read articles about the Babcock Ranch community, experts ideas for sustainability in the short-term, best practices in bike share, and China’s final word on fossil-fuel automobiles. This reading should take approximately 35 minutes. Using these articles, then complete a 10-question quiz on the selected readings.
In this course, learn to:
- Describe autonomous vehicles and their potential future impact.
- Identify more sustainable alternatives to state of the market vehicles.
- Recognize the growing importance of China in transportation due to its population and economic power and how its decisions about automobiles will affect the world.
- Name the ways that parking will need to change to accommodate autonomous and electric vehicles.
- Describe the positives and negatives of various bike share systems.
Course Credits: 1 CAPP Point
Time to Complete: About 1 hour (Self-paced: Stop and start, to return to where you left off at any time. Course available for six months from date of purchase.)
Thinking of applying to become a CAPP? Successful completion of this course earns 1 point towards the professional development portion of the CAPP application requirements or 1 point on the CAPP Recertification Recordkeeping Form, Program Type 5.
Questions? Need assistance? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.