EV Readiness: Develop & Execute an Effective Plan in your Parking Operation
The IPMI EV Cohort is a dynamic group of working professionals committed to helping chart the path forward for the parking and mobility industry in the face continued advancements for electric vehicle adoption. The group specializes in planning, research, and innovation industry-wide to create partnerships and resources that enable IPMI members to prepare for and accommodate anticipated needs and requirements to support EVs across all segments of the industry. As part of this work, the EV Cohort is in development of the industry’s first parking and mobility specific EV Readiness Plan that will help IPMI’s members better navigate the complexities of policies, operational practices, funding resources, and infrastructure needs.
This session will serve as an interactive working session with members of the EV Cohort and the IPMI membership, working to define industry responses and resources around questions like:
- How to adapt program operations and infrastructure to meet new local, state, and federal guidelines
- When to properly phase EV components within the parking program to best maximize resources and efficient use of infrastructure
- Where and how to consider EV practices to best support member communities and campuses
- What goals and targets to consider as phased rollout of EV infrastructure continues
The presenters will utilize small group and charrette activities to take participants through an interactive that helps answer these questions with real-world case studies and practical examples to work through.
- Understand available federal funding and resources to improve EV infrastructure.
- Navigate local and state guidelines and adapt policies and practices to support common goals
- Define phased improvements for EV readiness in your program
Robert Ferrin, CAPP, recently joined the Kimley-Horn team to help lead their Parking & Mobility practice nationally. Robert recently led the award-winning Parking Services team in Columbus, OH and has held parking leadership roles with the City and County of Denver and City of Aurora, CO. Robert serves on the IPMI board and is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, where he earned a Bachelor and Master of Geography degrees. View IPMI Member Profile.
Brett Wood, CAPP, P.E. is the founder and president of Wood Solutions Group, a parking and mobility consultancy focused on realistic and implementable solutions. Brett is a recognized industry expert in right-sized parking systems, parking and mobility management, and implementation of progressive parking and mobility policies. Throughout his 16-year career, he has been at the forefront of parking and mobility program design and creation of innovative parking management practices. View IPMI Member Profile.