Sustainability in Parking & Transportation
Education | On-Demand Course
Level: Foundational/basic course
About the course: Sustainability in Parking and Transportation defines how the parking industry works with the triple bottom line of people, planet, and profit. The course includes decisions, actions, and impacts on parking design, facilities, and operations based on IPI’s Framework on Sustainability and the United States Green Building Council’s Parksmart Standard.
In this course, learn how to:
• Define sustainability and its application to the parking industry.
• Implement alternative transportation modes to improve the triple bottom line.
• Increase energy efficiency through the use of energy savings technology.
• Identify alternative energy sources and alternative fuel vehicles that support net-zero energy concepts.
• Recognize effective natural resource management and how to reduce waste.
• Examine informed decisions based on long-term environmental effects related to material and technology selection.
Course Credits: 1 CAPP Point
Time to Complete: About 1 hour (Self-paced: Stop and start, to return to where you left off at any time. Course available for six months from date of purchase.)
Thinking of applying to become a CAPP? Successful completion of this course earns 1 point towards the professional development portion of the CAPP application requirements or 1 point on the CAPP Recertification Recordkeeping Form, Program Type 5.