Parksmart Advisor Training
Online, Instructor Led Training - March 2023
Parksmart Advisors lead clients through the certification process for sustainable parking structures. The Parksmart program is now offered under by the USGBC/GBCI alongside the suite of LEED and other sustainability rating systems. IPMI is the USGBC Education Partner providing the education required to earn this valuable certificate.
Offers 9 CAPP Points, 9 GBCI CE Credits, and .9 CEUs.
This is a four-day course: March 21, 23, 28, and 30, 2023. Sessions run 11:00 am - 12:30 pm ET each day.
Due to the online interactive nature of this course, this course is limited to 16 attendees.
- Purchase a copy of the Parksmart Certification standard
- Attend all four sessions
- Pass the end-of-course assessment with a score of 70% or higher. All individuals who pass the assessment will be listed on USGBC’s website.
- Illustrate and detail the specific management, programmatic, technological, and structural elements of the certification
- Evaluate a parking facility, including the tools, process, and procedures for submitting facilities for certification
- Evaluate case examples against the Standard and determine acceptability or changes.
- Illustrate acceptable versus non-acceptable evidence for certification application.
- Review the Parksmart scorecard.
Instructor: Lauren Fakhoury, Brightworks, Sustainability
Lauren Fakhoury is a Senior Project Manager with Brightworks Sustainability, working mainly in the Bay Area on green building certifications for a variety of project types. Lauren started her first Parksmart project in 2015 when she joined Brightworks, and became the firm’s lead for Parksmart projects. Lauren uses her experience with LEED and GBCI to guide project teams through the Parksmart certification process, from early design through construction.