2021 APO Site Reviewer Refresher Training
Education | On-Demand Course
The Accredited Parking Organization (APO) program establishes a benchmark of the quality by which a parking management organization conducts its business and maintains its facilities and services. Site review is a required component for applicant organizations and must be completed by an IPMI-approved site reviewer who has successfully completed this training.
APO Site Reviewers are solely trained by IPMI to evaluate organizations pursuing accreditation under the program. This course will cover quality management and continuity of applying best practices to each site, determining evidence to satisfy the standard, and the role and ethical expectations of an APO Site Reviewer. Participants receive a copy of the APO Manual for Applicants and the matrix, a planning tool for implementation.
APO Site Reviewer renewal training is offered as an instructor-led online class both live and recorded. Upon successful completion of the course, Site Reviewer status will be renewed for another three-year period. Participants will be awarded a Certificate of Completion and qualified participants will be listed as trained site reviewers on the IPMI website. Due to the online interactive nature of this course, this course is limited to 14 attendees.
- Evaluate what a standard is and the importance of the quality management of the third-party reviewer when on a site visit.
- Explain the role of third-party reviewers, including communicating information regarding the final status of the application.
- Illustrate satisfactory and unsatisfactory examples encountered during site visits by referencing criteria provided in the 13 content areas of the checklist.
- Review ethics expected of a third party reviewer and ways to handle potentially questionable situations that could arise during a site visit.
- Determine whether site-provided evidence items are applicable or not applicable to the application when determining a recommendation to award the APO designation.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Rachel Yoka, CAPP, LEED AP BD+C, WELL AP - Vice President for Program Development, International Parking & Mobility Institute
Rachel serves as Vice President of Program Development for IPMI, leading the organization in the areas of in the areas of strategic partnerships, mobility, sustainability, technology, research, and data analytics. Rachel leads the APO program for IPMI, assisting Site Reviewers and APO applicants through the accreditation process. She served as editor for multiple publications, including a volume on sustainability and parking design entitled “Sustainable Parking Design and Management: A Practitioner’s Handbook” and the recent release of “A Guide to Parking,” a new textbook for the industry, and contributed as an author to the chapter addressing sustainability.